This show was recorded on Sunday, our new recording day. We moved from Wednesday to the weekend in part to make it easier on us, but primarily because it just made sense with the news we were covering. This is also the first episode where I invoke a 4 letter word. There was some behind-the-scenes discussion as to whether I used the correct 4 letter word, but this video should put that debate to rest. 😉
Walt and Amy talk about the conventions. Is the GOP united? (bahaha) Is Brian Calley conservative enough? Are the Republicans truly walking toward socialism?
The Dems are definitely more united and ready to move forward. Some conversations around the issue of anti-choice and abortion litmus tests. Interesting commentary here on the platform and the candidates. Affordable Care Act has a cameo here.
Ok not really a cameo, but you get the idea.
Ingham County has a bunch of war-cop equipment! OMG. Amy gives dollars and types of equipment, and Walt gives an eye-witness account of police-soldiers going past his house. Can the anti-roadside landmine equipment protect the police from Michigan’s bad roads? We’re the only media outlet in Michigan bringing you that conversation right now. Bookmark us.
Next up we bring Eric Schertzing, our Democratic candidate for Congress in the 8th district. This district is winnable for Dems as long as we get out the vote. Eric talks about the election and the issues.
- Gov. Rick Snyder ‘Out Of Touch’ To Michigan Majority, Poll Finds (UPDATE)
- Lawmakers know best? Michigan Senate, not public, expected to vote on wolf hunt initiative
- Eric Schertzing for Congress
- Michigan Democrats stress unity, honor retiring Levin, Dingell
- Rise of the Military-Municipal Complex
- Searchable database for transfer of military hardware
- Barry Township police chief accused of militarizing police force
- Barry Township police chief resigns amidst accusations