Today we start with transportation funding. Amy has a great article here – MDOT’s 2.7 Billion Dollar Boondoggle – and we get into all the nitty gritty on that. Check out the article for more info on what she was talking about and to see more about the questions I asked.
I’m covering the new report by the ACLU Michigan, BUZZKILL: HOW THE EAA EXPLOITED DETROIT’S MOST VULNERABLE KIDS. If you are interested in this topic, I encourage you to look at the report. We couldn’t possibly do justice to that investigation in this podcast, so you’ll learn a lot more by reading that.
You should also hop over to BFM and check out our conversation with Ellen Cogen Lipton, or listen to Ellen on Tony Trupiano’s radio show. That playlist is here.
There’s also more info on that whole “college readiness” thing here, and here are the Blogging for Michigan archives on the EAA
Next up Walt talks about how Snyder can’t even answer questions from an audience that he screens. My goodness. Here’s Walt’s blog post on that. And for Walt’s blog post on the GOP revisionist history the Michigan Government shutdown, click here.
Links from 2007 budget / shutdown blogging:
- 3 part deal saves state from shutdown
- Anuzis, GOP pushing for shutdown
- Senate Republican Statement of the Day 7/25/2007- The Big Stall
- Mike Bishop scuttles budget deal
- Blogging a very bipartisan agreement
- Could we get some backbone please?
- Mike Bishop is Newt Gingrich
- More Mike Bishop Censorship?