Rough election, but especially rough because Democrats get more votes than Republicans, but because of the GOP gerrymandering, the Republicans are still in charge. Stuff all the Democrats into as few districts as possible, and Republicans get more house seats. We talk about that and all of the details that Walt covers in this post on his blog.
Today we cover,
- Did Milliken's endorsement put Snyder over the top?
- What if Mark Totten had another million dollars?
- Schuette does something right. Only because no one, and we mean NO ONE, would do it wrong.
- Secretary of State, ticket splitters, and was there even a campaign for this office?
- How did Lon Johnson do? What went right for Democrats?
- Democrats sweep the education posts. In other words, a relatively good Democratic turnout for a midterm.
- Democrats increased turnout, Republicans decreased turnout.
- For Dems to get 50% of the Michigan Senate with the current electoral map, we would have to get more than 60% of the vote. Republicans received 70%+ of the seats in the Senate with 51% of the vote.
- Republican “jam and cram” at work … what is it, what can we do about it?
- How do we take district drawing away from the politicians who seek power, and give it to people who are only concerned with democracy?
- What issues need to be on the ballot next time?
- Michigan loses out big time in terms of cloud in Washington
Yep, it's all about the election, what happened, why it happened, what should happen next time.