Michigan Policast for April 15, 2019
Walt, Amy, and Christine chat about the primaries.
Segment 1: Does Michigan belong to Bernie? Biden leads in Michigan right now, but so did Hillary. Will the pollsters repeat the mistakes of 2016?
- Biden tops Dems pack in Michigan, Sanders second: poll
- Back in Michigan for a second White House run, Bernie Sanders visits Warren
- Bernie Sanders’s real base is diverse — and very young
- Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders campaigns in Lordstown
- Why The Polls Missed Bernie Sanders’s Michigan Upset
- What The Stunning Bernie Sanders Win In Michigan Means
Segment 2: What about Mayor Pete? What kind of impact will the LGBTQ community have on his campaign? How important is his age to this era of politics?
- Elizabeth Warren’s fundraising numbers provide a telling snapshot of the Democratic primary ahead
- What The Potential 2020 Candidates Are Doing And Saying, Vol. 14
- Mayor Pete Buttigieg’s Presidential Bid Gets Boost From Hollywood Donors
- The RS Politics 2020 Democratic Primary Leaderboard
- 2020 Democratic Presidential Primary timeline (on Wikipedia)
- The Eternal Sunshine of Mayor Pete
In segment 3 Amy covers the Michigan cyberbullying law that was pushed through lame duck last year. Much of the information in Amy's segment is covered in her upcoming piece in the Northern Express.
- Michigan's cyberbullying law – PA 457 of 2018
- Amy Kerr Hardin on Northern Express
- Michigan ranks ninth among top 10 states with bullying problems
- Michigan's new cyberbullying law about to take effect: What to know
This week Walt speaks to Gilda Jacobs, Executive Director of the Michigan League for Public Policy. Gilda joins us to discuss the importance of an accurate census and what the numbers will mean to public services in Michigan.
- Michigan League for Public Policy
- 2020 Census: Can we count on you to help count all kids?
- Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross defends citizenship question on 2020 census
- Trump plunges back into immigration battle with sanctuary cities plan
- 2020 Census Operational Plan
- Gilda Jacobs on LinkedIn
- How Much Money Did Your State Lose From The Young Child Undercount In The 2010 Census?
- US Census Bureau – Michigan Quick Facts