Michigan Policast for March 11, 2019
Walt and Christine welcome Amy back to the show.
- The show kicks off with a conversation around the cost to #FTDR. How much do we really need? What does the business community think?
- Amy takes on the latest public approval ratings in Michigan, for President Trump, Governor Whitmer, and the state of things in general.
- Walt runs through HR-1. What’s in it and why should the House pass a bill that’s DOA in the Senate?
- Hank Mayers from Michiganders for Fair and Transparent Elections joins the show
Segment 1 – FTDR
- Business Leaders for Michigan applauds Gov. Whitmer for bold budget proposal
- MI Chamber Issues Response to Gov. Whitmer’s Budget Proposal to Fix the Roads
- ‘FIX THE DAMN ROADS’ WAS EASY. HOW TO PAY? NOT EASY.
- The Michigan governor’s gas-tax hike is a model plan for other states to follow
- Senate Fiscal Agency – The Rising Costs of Road Repair (pdf)
- MDOT – Transportation Funding