Michigan Policast for Monday, December 21, 2020In this episode:
Cover image: President-Elect Joe Biden, who won both the popular vote and electoral college, in front of an “Office of the President-Elect” backdrop and a US flag that is not being groped, talking about COVID-19 while holding a mask and being married to Dr. Jill Biden.
- Segment one: Johnson v Peters, Electoral College, more GOP whinging about fraud
- Segment two: Peter Lark on Granholm's energy legacy in MI + Biden's cabinet picks
- Segment three: The latest on COVID
- Segment four: Political notes
- Trump campaign told to preserve all documents related to Sidney Powell and Dominion Voting Systems
- Trump discussed Sidney Powell as voter fraud special counsel in White House meeting, report says
- Mike Lindell, MyPillow CEO, Tweets, Then Deletes Call for Trump to ‘Impose Martial Law'
- Dominion CEO: Michigan vote fraud claims ‘beyond bizarre’ and ‘dangerous’
- New Supreme Court filing includes blatantly wrong information about Michigan
- Antrim County audit shows 12-vote gain for Trump
- Secretary Benson declines state House Oversight Committee invitation
- Ron Johnson Brands Gary Peters a Liar, Airs Election Conspiracies in Unhinged Senate Hearing
- Warning on Russia adds questions about Senate's Biden probe
- Video – Gary Peters Rips Hearing: ‘Conspiracy Theories and Lies'
- Michigan Republican state Rep. Gary Eisen rebuked for ‘threats of violence’ at electoral college – The Washington Post
- Michigan GOP rep punished for refusing to rule out Electoral College violence | Bridge Michigan
- It's official: Michigan's presidential electors vote for Biden, Harris at Capitol
- Joe Biden won election but some want to reform Electoral College
- As Electoral College meets, GOP and Dems agree Michigan vote needs reforms | Bridge Michigan
- Detroit seeks sanctions against ‘Kraken' attorney for ‘frivolous' suit ⋆ Michigan Advance
It was the greatest honor of my life to nominate my friend and sorority sister, @KamalaHarris as Vice President of the United States. #The Black Michigan #electors.
Marseille Allen (me), Timothy Smith, Mother Helen Moore, Robin Smith. pic.twitter.com/lCkqGkPtXO
— MLA (@MarseilleLAllen) December 14, 2020
That report about a massive error rate with Dominion voting machines in a rural Michigan county? Total nonsense.
— Brad Heath (@bradheath) December 18, 2020
While Joe Biden has assembled a competent & experienced team of advisors, Donald Trump is listening to a collection of felons, grifters & lunatics telling him to impose martial law and stage a coup d’état.
Take this for what it is, a threat.https://t.co/65iy4WM1eY
— Biden | Harris VICTORY Room (@BidenWarRoom) December 20, 2020
“Given Trump’s psychological profile, it was inevitable that when he felt the walls of reality close in on him … he would detach himself even further from reality,” writes @Peter_Wehner: https://t.co/13sii9VMOH
— The Atlantic (@TheAtlantic) December 20, 2020
- J. Peter Lark, Chairman – Michigan Public Service Commission bio
- MICHIGAN’S 21ST CENTURY ELECTRIC ENERGY PLAN (pdf)
- Market Structures and the 21st Century Energy Plan (pdf)
- What Jennifer Granholm’s appointment as energy secretary means for Michigan | Bridge Michigan
- Jennifer Granholm to be Joe Biden's energy secretary, report says
- Granholm to be named Energy Department head – The Washington Post
- Deb Haaland becoming interior secretary is a chance to fix an agency that acts with contempt
- Deb Haaland makes history as Biden's pick to run Interior Department
- Joe Biden picks Pete Buttigieg to be transportation secretary
On Thursday, President-elect Joe Biden selected Rep. Deb Haaland, D-N.M., to be his nominee for the next secretary of the Department of the Interior. Haaland, who is Laguna Pueblo and one of the two first Native American women elected to Congress in 2018 — Rep. Sharice Davids, D-Kan., a Ho-Chunk, was also elected that year — will not only be the first Native to lead that department. She will also be the first Native American to hold the position of a Cabinet secretary in the history of the United States. ~Source
A former Secretary of the Interior once proclaimed it his goal to “civilize or exterminate” Indigenous people. I’m a living testament to the failure of that horrific ideology.
I’m here on the shoulders of my ancestors and all the people who have sacrificed.
— Deb Haaland (@DebHaalandNM) December 20, 2020
- Bridge Michigan coronavirus dashboard
- Michigan releases more details about who gets COVID vaccine first | Bridge Michigan
- How public health officials plan to persuade covid vaccine skeptics – The Washington Post
- Governor Whitmer Announces Bipartisan Protect Michigan Commission to Educate Michiganders on COVID-19 Vaccine
- Pfizer vaccine: States report a cut in doses, confusion – The Washington Post
- Michigan extends indoor dining ban but allows casinos, cinemas, bowling alleys to reopen
- MHSAA fall sports championships to resume under pilot program
- Michigan Senate approves $465M COVID-19 relief package
- House approves bills to curb governor's powers in late night ‘lame duck' session
- Detroit Chamber Covid Poll
- Bipartisan Governors from Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin Urge Safety Before Holidays
- 4 types of COVID-19 vaccine scams circulating in Michigan and how they work
- Lac Courte Oreilles – Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Indians
Please take a moment to read this important article on how to avoid Covid vaccine scams.
More COVID-19 scams: Criminal networks expected to pitch fake vaccines https://t.co/fliMRyLaMe
— Dana Nessel (@dananessel) December 13, 2020
- Rep. Paul Mitchell on Twitter: “Today I am disaffiliating from the Republican Party.”
- Michigan's Rep. Paul Mitchell retiring from public life: ‘I'm done'
- Michigan Senate passes bills to allow college athletes to get paid
- With Line 5 closure, a ‘game of chicken’ over how to heat Upper Peninsula | Bridge Michigan
- Biden inauguration tickets will be limited – The Washington Post
- Longtime Michigan, Oakland County politician Bill Bullard dies from COVID-19, cancer complications
- Benny Napoleon dies after complications with COVID-19